Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The President Speaks; 96.9 FM Talk Listeners Speak Out

Here's just a sampling of the reaction I've received already to Bush's speech Monday night:

Hola Miquel,

So El Presidente wants to grant amnesty to all of them, there ya go dilute the the value of citizenship some more.

It is amnesty anyway you call it. 6000 troops thats it, it is a half-assed measure meant to try to placate everyone. I've had it with this guy.

---
What about us?? What about me and others like me, who are waiting legally for their green card for over 4 (!) years now? We paid lawyers, we went by the book, we are paying taxes and we obey the law. How can it be that the President of the United States and Senators/Representatives devote so much time to help criminals (in any shape or form, whether it is amnesty, shmanesty, gold card, or what have you), and they can’t find the time to help us, those who are here legally and those who applied for permanent residency according to the law five, eight, and even ten years ago, and are still waiting?!
---

Dear President Bush,
Just watched your speech, you no linger speak for me, I have defended you vigorously till now but no more. You are betraying our country, you have sold the normal every day American out. I have not had a pay raise in 6 years, my medical costs are through the roof and beyond, I can't afford to buy gas, heat my house, or buy electricity. I can't pay for my kids to go to school, now I can't earn overtime pay if I have a vacation day or a holiday during the week I am needed to work more than 8 hours in a day.You want me to feel sorry for the poor illegal aliens!!!
You are ruining the common everyday Americans life. I wish I never voted for you (twice), the Democrats are going to stomp the Republicans in the next election regardless of who they run because of you and your allegiance to big business, you are out of touch with what the majority of Americans want. There is no middle ground as far as I am concerned with illegal aliens and that is the way 95% of the people I discuss the illegal alien issue with feel. You need to wake up fast, look at the polls on the alien issue.
ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL! HOW DARE YOU COMPARE THE IMMIGRANTS THAT CAME HERE LEGALLY IN THE PAST TO THE ILLEGAL ALIENS THAT ARE HERE NOW! SHAME ON YOU!
You'll hear more spirited commentary on today's show.