THE FRIDAY FREAK OUT IS HERE!
Our Friday Freak Out does not, believe it or not, involve Freaky Mark Foley. He had the one shred of decency required to resign immediately and hide in shame and embarrassment. (Had he been completely devoid of decency, we wouldn't be calling him a pervert. We'd be calling him a "Democrat.")
The Friday Freak Out question is this: Which of the following statements by our likely next governor freaks you out the most?
- ``No. Ben wouldn't be the first guilty person in prison who was maintaining vigorously their own innocence . . . I am glad he got the DNA testing. I hope that is the end of it."—Patrick answering the question “Do you feel deceived by Laguer?”
- “I feel proud of what I did when I wrote that letter.”--Patrick on his letter describing Laguer (who brutally tortured and raped a 59-year-old woman for eight hours) as “thoughtful, insightful, eloquent [and] humane.”
- "I apologize to anyone who feels we didn't come forward with all the facts.”—Patrick after being caught failing to report his repeated correspondence with and on behalf of Laguer, or his $5,000 contribution to Laguer's defense fund.
- “I have no idea about Willie Horton’s background, history, what that furlough program is.”—Patrick, answering the question “Would you have let Willie Horton out on furlough?”
- “…when pressed today, Patrick conceded he did not investigate to determine whether LaGuer, who is imprisoned at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, was actually guilty…. Patrick said reports that racism may have played a role in LaGuer's conviction convinced him to advocate on LaGuer's behalf.”—from the Boston Globe.
Please cast your vote via email to email@example.com