Friday, May 30, 2008

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other...

Sen. Barack Obama has been a proud member of Trinity United Church of Christ for 20 years, and he happily signed the Black Values System in order to join.

For twenty years, sermons were given--apparently frequently--like the one given by Fr. Michael Pfleger this weekend.

When the videotape hit, Fr. Pfleger said this:

"I regret the words I chose on Sunday," he said in a statement. "These words are inconsistent with Sen. Obama's life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Sen. Clinton or anyone else who saw them."
Uh, if Fr. Pfelger's comments, which echoed what is regularly preached at TUCC, "are inconsistent with Sen. Obama's life and message," why did Sen. Obama spend TWENTY YEARS there? If I were a member of a group who kept offending my "life and message," I'd quit. Who wouldn't?

Other than Barack Obama, that is...