Thursday, September 13, 2007

"You're Not Going To Stop the Terrorists By Telling Them You Love Them."

That quote comes from Debra Burlingame. Her brother, Chic Burlingame, was the pilot of American Airlines flight 77, which was crashed into the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001.

At least, that's what I think happened. The governor's fans at DevalPatrick.com know what REALLY happened. ("9/11 was clearly a fraud conducted by members of our own government!")

Anyway, I interviewed Debra for my Boston Herald column published this morning. I read her Gov. Patrick's quote (which you can listen to here) about how 9/11 was “a failure of human beings to understand each other, to learn to love each other.”

Before he speaks on the subject again, I would urge Gov. Patrick to speak with Debra Burlingame himself, or at least read some of her writings on the ongoing threat of Islamist terror. It might help him understand the reaction to his suggestion that 9/11 was the result of a failure of mutual understanding between the victims and their killers.

Personally, if I were Debra Burlingame I'd want to punch Governor Patrick in the nose. But she's a much nicer person than I.

UPDATE: Listener Steve writes: "I don't want to love the terrorists; they can all go "love" themselves. "