Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Feelin' The Love?


Or maybe just a leg tingle?

Cast your vote for the best love song to celebrate the media's man-crush on Barack Obama at John McCain's website here.

My choice: Close To You by The Carpenters. "Just like me, they long to be...close to you."
UPDATE: I asked you, the listeners, to suggest what the media and Obama should declare as "Our Song." Here are your top five, based on my emails (michaelgraham@969wtkk.com)
**HOPELESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU: Olivia Newton-John is Katie Couric. John Travolta is The Chosen One. Just add Grease.
**L-O-V-E: "L is for the liberal wonks you are, O is for Obama, our rock star..."
**CLOSE TO YOU: "On the day you went to Iraq, the anchors got together, for a chance to interview their dream come true!"
**HOW GREAT THOU ART: A church classic. "Then sings my soul, my savior, God, to thee...."