Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Now THIS Is A Letter...

If you've never sent a letter to a politician, this might be a good one to use as a model:

Dear Senator Jehlen:

I know that you have a very busy schedule today, but I would like to take a moment of your time to urge you to support the proposed six amendments to the budget related to illegal immigration that has been placed before you. These amendments pertain to the:

Illegal Immigrants and Subsidized Housing

Trial Courts And Immigration Status

The Employment Of Illegal Aliens

While I appreciate and value the contribution which immigrants have made to our state and society (I am a third generation American), it is critical that each and every one of us respect the laws of our country, and that those in the appropriate positions enforce them. Those persons who have entered this country illegally should not be here, and therefore, do not have any RIGHTS to social benefits which my tax dollars pay for. In the event that the persons are not detained at our borders, then we should use other opportunities when these illegal aliens come in contact with our government and prospective employers to identify them and return them to their places of origin.

Thank you for your time today. I will be carefully watching the proceedings as they unfold and your position on this matter as my state senator.

Sincerely,
Catherine